Saturday, March 04, 2006

My Uganda Address

I do have my address if you're interested in writing. I put it under my profile on your right. It wil change in 3 months so check it before you send me anything. And please do send me anything. Literally anything, just remember it could take a month before I get it. Otherwise, I've found a couple of fellow PCV's blogs who are also going to Uganda: http://nepc.blogspot.com http://rachelinuganda.blogspot.com/ Today we spent the entier day in training. Just basic stuff, "what does 'development' mean?" "how do you stay safe?" Case studies, etc. They did give us about $175 of 'walking around' money to spend at our leisure for food, cab fares, drinks, etc. I was advised to keep some of it as it will come in handy in Uganda. It is an interesting makeup of our group. There are 2 married couples going and 2 married women who are with us. It's difficult for me to imagine being separated from a spouse for the 2 years, but their kids are grown and this is something that they really really want to do, and I deeply admire them for taking it on. Truly. Tomorrow it's more training in the morning and then we have a Peace Corps 45 Years Event we have to dress up for and go to in Boston. And then Sunday, we leave for Uganda!!!

3 Comments:

At 04 March, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

How cool that I discovered your blog! I'm in the mists of planning my own East Africa adventure and will be looking forward to hearing your stories about discovering Uganda!

 
At 05 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pervis "Brian" Dunn, if anyone on this planet was meant for such an exciting adventure, it is you!! Have an awesome, blessed 2-years of service. We will be praying for you.

 
At 20 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow how cool is that!! I cannot wait to hear what you have to tell about your adventure as well... I shall send something once I confirm that address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home