Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Prayer Request

I never do this, but I have a sincere prayer request to ask of my readers and friends. I believe in the awesome power of prayer, especially the power of prayer by several people. My house was supposed to close on November 23. The buyer wanted to take possession at closing and so I sold and gave away ALL of my furniture and possessions except for what I could store in my parent extra closet and storage shed. 2 days before closing the buyer backed out of buying, leaving me with an empty house, a peace corps invitation which I accepted because I thought this was a nearly done deal, and a house I'm trying to sell in the middle of the worst time to sell a house. People don't want to buy houses in the winter. They don't want to move in the cold or relocate their children from schools at this time. It's a very humbling thing to just sit and sit and wait for a house to sell. It's a very helpless feeling because there's nothing to DO to make anything happen any faster. The funny thing about real estate is I could have it listed for sale for 2 years and not have an offer or list the same house at the same price for 2 days and the right buyer comes along and offers the asking price. It's just the nature of the beast. The point is this, I will not be able to leave for the Peace Corps in March if the house is not sold. Period. Come hell or high water the house must sell before I go. Which, in turn, may bump my leave date back another several months. So I'm asking for prayers because I don't know what else to do. Maybe this is part of God's 'plan'? Maybe he's trying to get me to trust Him all the way through the process and up until the very end like he did to Abraham when he was asked to sacrifice Isaac. I don't know, so in the mean time I'll pray and ask you to do the same if you would please. Just take a moment right after you read this and send one up. Or better yet, post your prayer as a comment so that others can read your prayer and pray it as well. Either way, any and all prayers are appreciated.

4 Comments:

At 27 December, 2005, Blogger Andrew said...

Father, we thank you for Brian and for his friendship. We thank you for his desire to serve you in the Peace Corps. Please provide a buyer for his house. As he waits for his house to sell, having sold his furniture, please meet all his needs. May he know even in this circumstance that he is your beloved child. Amen.

 
At 28 December, 2005, Blogger The Lumberjack said...

Brian~

My prayer for you is patientce & trust. Patient in waiting. Trust that God does have some reason in all this, though we may not be able to see it (ever). He is watching over you & he knows your frustrations in waiting & wondering what in the world is going on. I know He will provide for your needs. I pray that He will bring the right buyer along at just the right time & that you will be able to serve Him in the PC. God's blessings!

 
At 31 December, 2005, Blogger kittybrunette said...

We are all praying for you--usually when you think it's all going to blow up in your face, that's when God says, "Haha, look at what I can do!" He only needs a day and everything can change, so hang in there, babe. Just think of all the other things that had to fall into place to get you this far.
Keep us posted. (sarah's friend, jane)

 
At 24 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRUST IN GOD'S MERCY! THIS IS A TIME FOR GOD'S MERCY!

Jesus Christ’s message in His revelations to St. Faustina
was that this is a time for Mercy.
The times we live in, more than any other in history,
call for a great outpouring of the Mercy of God.
As a result, the revelations to Faustina became known
as “The Message of Divine Mercy” and
Jesus received a new title — “The Divine Mercy” — similar
to “The Sacred Heart” as a renaming of Jesus himself.

Let us pray for the world, for all of us…

The Divine Mercy message is like a simple ABC :


A - ask for His Mercy
B - be merciful
C - completely trust in Jesus


Say chaplet to God’s Mercy at 3 p.m

(the Hour of Jesus’s Death) !

Special gift of grace!!!

It is, as Jesus passed on to St. Faustina (Journal 59),
the hour of great Mercy for the world and assures us that
no soul will perish if the chaplet is said at least once;
even the greatest sinners will receive great Mercy at
the hour of their death. ***

Jesus waits for you! Trust in Him….

CHAPLET TO GOD’S MERCY

Using normal rosary beads,begin with:

The Lord’s Prayer : Our Father, Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name….. Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee…….
the Apostles Creed :I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven ……….

On the five large beads :Eternal Father, I offer You
the Body and Blood,Soul and Divinity of Your dearly
beloved Son,Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for
our sins and those of the whole world.

On the ten small beads :

V. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion,
R. Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

At the end of the Divine Mercy Chaplet say three times:

Holy God, Holy Mighty One Holy God, Holy Mighty One,
Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Invocation: O Blood and Water that gushed forth from
the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us,
I trust in You (3 times)

Sign of the Cross :

In the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.


*** GOD'S MERCY IS OPEN TO EVERY REMORSEFUL AND HUMBLE MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home