Monday, August 08, 2005

Same ol' Shmame ol'

Not much new to report. My cousin Dixie has her own blog up and going. She'll be leaving for Ghana for her Peace Corps training late September. Wa-Hoo!! I'm still waiting for medical clearance. It looks like I'm going to have to get my lower Wisdom teeth out before I leave. I got a call from my doctor yesterday (Sunday). Come to find out he was working on a Sunday to get some paperwork caught up and he had some questions for me on the form he was filling out. I couldn't believe he was working on Sunday! That's dedication! Way to go Doc Murphy! My friend Jennifer MeGee told me that if you have anything wrong with you that isn't 'really wrong' then you shouldn't put it on your PC application and i'm finding that's mostly true. I've been on Paxil a few times for some depression/stress that i've gone through and I'm having to jump through SEVERAL hoops to get that cleared up. I haven't dealt with it for several years now but it's still there in my history. I've sent forms to Laura Hirleman my counselor at Campus House for her to fill out and forms to my doctor about perscriptions. It's all just delayed the process a couple of weeks. Kathy Doyle (who gets married in a few weeks and is then moving to NY) has agreed to take Leighla so I'm now looking for a home for Bear. She said she might be able to take both dogs. I'd hate to separate them they've been together for about a year now since Leighla was a pup, but that might be the only option. Side note, Andy got a job w/ Progressive Insurance on Wednesday and on Thursday he called me and said he bought a new 2005 Jeep! Welcome to the working class and to being in Debt, Andy!

2 Comments:

At 13 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me see if this works....I love your blog....very interesting young man....Pics of your family are great...love your Grandma....
Rita Brackman

 
At 14 December, 2005, Blogger monica said...

Hey Brian!! Checked out your blog and think it is very cool. I will be interested to see how you like Uganda. Good seeing you last night and catching up.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home