Thursday, July 28, 2005

Life for sale

Closeout sale! Everything must go! House, Truck, even the Dogs (Bear & Leighla)! The house is officially listed w/ Century 21. The real estate agent said the house looked VERY clean for 2 guys living there, what do you expect when one (me) was a janitor in college and whose mother is the likeness of June Cleaver. Hey! I got it honestly... Once the house sells there should be some significant changes in the process. On the Medical front, I've had a HECK of a time getting an appointment w/ my dentist. IU school of dentistry = cheap, not accomodating. Remember that children. Which do you value higher?? Money or service? I've heard that the medical clearance is what takes the longest in the app process and that is certainly coming true. A Physical, blood work, signatures from physicians who had prescribed me medications dating back 5 years, dental clearance, optical information, and because i had taken depression medication 3 years ago, information from my counselor... It all adds up to red tape and delays. Oh what fun! Ghana, Africa. I have a cousin, Dixie, who, ironicly, had applied to the Peace Corps a few months before I had, has recieved her Formal Invitation from the PC office and she'll be in Ghana!!! "Business Advising in ecotourism sector". She has begun a blog and I'll link it later. Most ironicly is that neither of us knew the other was applying. When i told my mom I was doing this she said, "Your cousin Dixie is doing the same thing!!" Wouldn't that be ironic if we were even remotely close to each other while doing this expedition?? Of all things and all places in the world to be... It's a little too ironic, and yeah, i really do think. If anyone is interested in the doggers, truck or house let me know!

3 Comments:

At 29 July, 2005, Blogger Brian R Dunn said...

I've considered many things from letting my roommate pick up the payments to letting my brother lease it for a while. I really just want to get out of the house all together. My eyes were bigger than my stomach when i bought it and I know more of the type of hose i want next time.

 
At 01 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian
I think its great the Peace Corps is an awesome undertaking.
As for the dogs...you might contact the local P.A.W.S. and have them help you place them in a good home ...they look sweet. If I didnt already have 2 dogs....
Good Luck
Michelle Repar

 
At 09 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian-

You picked the worst time to try to get an appointment at the IU school of Dentistry! The students are on summer break! Let me know if you still need an appointment. Maybe I can get one of the faculty to see you since I work in the dental school. E-mail me if you still need help-padunnje@iupui.edu

Patsy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home